TV ENTHUSIASTS! NBC.com is looking for a smart, energetic and talented Digital & Web Designer to join its award winning Design UI Team to create quality digital experiences! This role is a part-time freelance position that will work on-site in our offices at Universal City, CA and closely with the Design UI, UX, Tech and Producers.
- Design small to large-scale projects including websites, interactive features, sponsor integrations, banners, and other projects as assigned.
- Work with Sr. Director of Design to ensure designs align with overall creative strategy.
- Handle day-to-day management of assigned projects and prioritize workload to ensure all project deadlines are met.
- Execute all design stages from concept to hand-off of final files for digital development.
- Assist Sr. Director of Design and Sr. Designers with collateral design and art production.
- Collaborate with producers, editors, developers, product, UX & other Design|UI team members to deliver engaging solutions.
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders, managers and project leads.
- Active participation in brainstorming sessions and concept development, bringing strong marketing ideas and concepts to the table
- Minimum 3-5 years professional web design experience
- 2+ years working in a fast paced environment.
- Education in Digital Design, Visual Communication and/or Interactive UI Design.
- High proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator, with working knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3, etc.
- Must be comfortable working on complex mobile and social applications along with consumer-focused content websites.
- A high degree of creativity, digital design and problem solving abilities.
- Strong design communication skills (ability to communicate ideas through design).
- Ability to create quality designs under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for television, web trends, and emerging digital technologies
- Excellent presentation, project management and organizational skills with a fierce attention to details.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with ability to accept feedback and interpret needs appropriately.
- Entertainment and/or Lifestyle brand experience .
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience designing for cross-platform digital experiences & touch environments.
- Experience with Consumer Entertainment Experiences across multiple devices.
- Experience in design studio, advertising agency, network, or in house design department
- Experience in the entertainment industry.
Online Portfolio is required for all submissions.
- Online portfolio demonstrating broad design skills, versatile aesthetic, typography, high-end experiences, and expertise in design principles and usability.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Contract Digital Web Designer” in the subject line.