Work From Home. Kick Some Ass. Change The World
We’re looking for an uber passionate, cutting edge Creative Director/Lead Designer who is committed to using her/his unique talent to make the world a better place.
You love personal development, business growth, and marketing. You understand that great design combines jaw-dropping visuals and an intuitive and innovative user experience, without forgetting the strategic business goals of converting browsers into buyers and existing customers into lifelong, raving fans.
You thrive on mapping out strategic initiatives to catapult the company, and also love to implement your ideas with the execution of typography, custom keynotes, PDFs, ads, layout, photo retouching, illustration, infographics, etc. - all primarily for web and video.
This position will lead everything from the strategic design and overall branding of the company, to producing the designs for our websites, training products, weekly award-winning show MarieTV, and the overall look and feel of everything we do.
As a part of our small company, you’ll wear a lot of hats -- but you’ll also have the opportunity to grow and shape the company -- the only limit is your imagination!
Your day to day experience will be design execution, but you’ll also be involved in working directly with photographers, motion graphic artists, illustrators, animators, fashion stylists, film crew, editors, etc. who will all add their unique skills to company projects.
Requirements for Success:
- You’re driven to define and elevate the look and feel of an industry-leading company that encompasses inspiration, purpose and fun
- You have an obsessive and passionate focus on quality, details, consistency and best results
- You have an expert understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign - HTML is a bonus
- You’re experienced with art direction of lifestyle shots and video production
- You have an understanding of responsive design
- You’re have experience with directing photography post-production
- You have a firm understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, navigation, interaction, and user interfaces
- You have a great attitude -- we’re a small and highly effective team that thrives on being the best while maintaining our sense of humor and playfulness
- You’re pumped and ready to work for a 100% virtual company (that means you can work in your jammies if you want!)
- You have a world-class portfolio showcasing your typography, layout, composition and general design skills and creative solutions for the web
- You’ve got strong communication and time management skills - ability to work with a dynamic, fast-paced team and meet deadlines
- You’ve earned your BA in Graphic Design (preferred)
- You have 3 years experience as a Lead Designer and/or Creative Director
- You’re looking for a long-term home, not a temporary stepping stone to the next “best thing” or your “own thing”
If you can say “YES” to any of the items below...even better!
- You love to geek out on behavioral studies and social psychology as it relates to design/conversion/user experience
- You have prior experience designing for emerging interactive platforms such as mobile, iPad, touch-screen, and other responsive design platforms
- You’re used to working with GoogleDrive, Basecamp, Dropbox and other collaborative tools for virtual workspaces
- You love to workout and lead a healthy lifestyle
- You have a solid understanding of social media trends
- You’re experienced with creating interactive ebooks and passionate about digital learning (downloading/listening to MP3s, videos, etc.)
- You love technology and always have the best and latest gadgets
This position is NOT for you if:
- You are more fulfilled working with multiple clients rather than being a 100% committed member of a company that receives the focus of your creative energy
- You’re not willing to sign an NDA or non-compete agreement
- You have personal drama
- You get flustered easily and are extremely sensitive about people critiquing your work
- Our brand, content and mission to change the world doesn’t light your fire
- You can commit to being on the phone from 10-10:30am PST/1-1:30pm EST Monday thru Friday
About Marie Forleo International, Inc.:
Our mission is to help the world kick some major ass and have a damn good time along the way.
We offer digital training products and programs in the fields of personal and business development. We’re honored to serve a large and growing global audience of entrepreneurs, creatives and change-makers who are committed to creating businesses and lives they love. We’ve been fortunate enough to catch the attention of global leaders like Oprah Winfrey, Sir Richard Branson, Donna Karan, Russell Simmons and have been seen in the pages of Entrepreneur Magazine, Women’s Health, Fast Company, and Inc.com among others.
For more information about our company, check out www.marieforleo.com.
The Not So Fine Print:
You will need to be available between 9am and 6pm (east coast or west coast US time, baby). You’re required to own your own Mac computer and have a reliable phone.
This position is a virtual position (i.e. you can work from home in your sweatpants if you so desire) with two travel weeks required (luxurious retreats to collaborate with the entire team in person).
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th along with some information about you, your experience and why you think this position is a great fit for you. We will not be responding to all applicants but if we feel you’re a good fit, we’ll contact you within 10 business days of May 15th with next steps. We look forward to hearing from you and possibly working with you soon!