Kerning is the first international conference in Italy dedicated solely to typography and web typography.
On May 2nd (only workshops) and 3rd (conference day) 2013 we will gather in Faenza, in the very heart of Italy, top notch speakers from the whole world of digital and web typography to create an unique event. Kerning features a day of workshops (May 2nd) and a Conference day full of talks (May 3nd). Kerning offers a very interesting chance to meet developers, gurus, managers and innovators from all over the world. Kerning is a non-profit event. We want to help grow a community of prepared developers keeping knowledge affordable: that’s why full ticket costs just Eur. 175.00 (VAT included).
Now 10% off for Awwwards users
Register now and enter promotion code: awwwards
Students are eligible for a special discounted ticket for the conference (save up to 50%).
Conference & Speakers
- Keynote by Luc(as) De Groot @fontfabrik
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Typography by Nina Stössinger @ninastoessinger
- Inspiring Web Typography You Can Do Now by Richard Rutter @clagnut
- Responsive Web Typography by Marko Dugonjić @markodugonijc
- Two Decades of Trajan in Movie Posters by Yves Peters @fontfabrik
- Content Out Typography by Aral Balkan @aral
- Tea is the new coffee. The book is the new LP. Hinting is the new kerning. Doing is the new thinking by The Standardistas @standardistas
- These go to eleven… by Bas Jacobs @fontfabrik
Piazza della Libertà, Faenza
Location & Venue
The conference will be held in Faenza, a nice medieval city in the north-east of Italy, home of an ancient tradition in design and craftsmanship. You will be surprised to learn how easy it is to reach Faenza!
Kerning will be held at the completely renewed Cinema Teatro Sarti. via Castellani, 25 - Faenza
The foyer has one main area where attendees will rest during the coffee breaks and a private garden where buffet will be served. It is placed in the center of the town, 5 minutes walking to the main square.